Experience Comprehensive vCISO Services with CloudZen Partners
A Deeper Look into Our vCISO Offering
CloudZen Partners’ vCISO services are designed to cater to businesses and organizations in need of Security Advisory and Compliance expertise, while lacking the in-house skill set. Our vCISO service delivers executive-level consulting and information security acumen, comparable to the services provided by a full-time, in-house Chief Information Security Officer.
Key Objectives: Strengthening Your Cybersecurity
Our vCISO services aim to help your organization in the following areas:
- Design and implement a robust Cybersecurity program using a cutting-edge cybersecurity framework.
- Incorporate Information Security Governance and Risk Management strategies.
- Establish principles that lead to a multi-year program development strategy.
- Create a tailored Cybersecurity framework and perform a gap analysis.
- Enhance your team’s understanding of Cybersecurity context, leadership, policy evaluation, and strategic direction.
- Oversee compliance, audit, and review requirements, ensuring a smooth process.
vCISO Responsibilities: Holistic Cybersecurity Management
Our vCISO engagement commences with an in-depth assessment of your current Cybersecurity posture. Key activities include, but are not limited to:
People and Policies: Ensuring a Strong Foundation
- Thoroughly review all existing IT Policies and Procedures.
- Identify gaps in policies and procedures compared to industry standards, and determine which require formal review, revisions, and updates.
- Recognize any gaps in human capital needed to support cybersecurity programs, and pinpoint services or resources necessary to meet those requirements.
- Evaluate and optimize employee cybersecurity training and communication programs to align with required compliance standards.
Architecture, Tools, and Training: Building a Resilient Infrastructure
- Examine the current enterprise security architecture and identify areas for improvement to counteract today’s evolving cyber threat landscape.
- Analyze the existing security tool suite, determining if the tools in use meet current requirements for network visibility and emerging cyberthreats detection.
- Provide recommendations, if required, for technology and services that address various cybersecurity needs, such as vulnerability management, network access control, antivirus/malware detection, breach detection/eradication, auditing/compliance, network security devices (IDS/IPS), and security awareness training.
Advisory (Audit and Compliance): Maintaining Regulatory Standards
- Assess your organization’s readiness for any compliance audit requirements (e.g., NIST, HIPAA, ISO, etc.), including evaluations against required compliance standards and common Cyber frameworks like NIST CSF, CMMC, or CIS v.8.
- Review and identify all pain points experienced by your organization, outlining remediation steps to address them effectively.
- Establish best practices for the separation of security duties and implement appropriate access restrictions to protect sensitive information.
- Develop a comprehensive future state plan for your organization to enhance its Cybersecurity posture, which includes reducing the overall risk profile, building a best-of-breed Cybersecurity framework, creating a technology roadmap suited to your budget and needs, delivering a multi-year adaptive Cybersecurity program, and assisting in establishing external partnerships and information collaboration through resources such as a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), the Center for Internet Security (CIS), or the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
Key vCISO Service Deliverables: Comprehensive Cybersecurity Support
Our vCISO engagement includes the following service deliverables to ensure a well-rounded cybersecurity strategy:
- Participation in executive meetings, such as Quarterly IT Steering Committee, Annual Board, and Security Operations meeting events.
- Enterprise IT Security Strategic Plan Development, including updating or establishing a security charter, program overview, annual risk management goals, budget development, and ongoing assessment of future risk.
- Annual updates to the Enterprise IT Security Strategic Plan, ensuring your organization remains up to date with the latest security strategies and best practices.
- Regular reviews and updates of existing IT security policy and procedure in line with industry standard requirements.
- IT Security policy and procedure development and maintenance, covering security, incident management, configuration, and escalation policy.
- Annual IT Security Risk Assessment, including a Segregation of Duties Matrix, assessment of all applications and risk profiles for each, and risk assessment of auditable technologies and processes.
- Cyber defense program development, comprising perimeter defense measures, cyber kill chain program, executive educational programs, and countermeasures to mitigate emerging risks.
- Incident Management program development, focusing on event identification and management, risk containment measures, root cause analysis (RCA), and event detection and remediation management.
- Security awareness program training development, assisting the executive team in delivering effective training and validating results.
- Firewall Configuration Review to ensure all firewall configurations provide maximum protection.
- External network vulnerability assessments and penetration tests, conducted regularly to identify and address potential security risks.
- Internal network vulnerability assessments and penetration tests, performed regularly to maintain a secure internal environment.
- Application Security Assessments for enterprise, cloud, web, and mobile applications, conducted regularly to ensure application security.
- Hardware and software security evaluations, including ongoing asset security reviews for missing patches and updates, as well as identifying obsolete assets and unsupported applications.
- Social Engineering assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities, conducting controlled exercises, and recommending countermeasures.
- Vendor Assessments to develop assessment criteria and vendor qualifications, surveying vendors to determine if they meet your minimum vendor risk profile.